Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sew this!

My dearest, T-Bone, was shocked to see that I was using
Sweet Cheek's new sewing machine.
He ran to get the camera and snapped these shots.




She said:  What?  I can sew.  I took Home Ec in middle school back in 1973.
(Maybe I should have left that detail out.)
He said:  This is camera worthy.  I've never seen you sew in the almost 15 years that I've known you.
She said:  Well, check me out.




It was a simple task.
Sweet Cheeks had a rip in the side seam of her shirt.
A simple, straight line and....done.



I gotta tell you.  It felt great to sew.  What next?
If you're a sewer, give me an idea of something
S-U-P-E-R easy that I could do next.
Step aside, Sweet Cheeks, this may become my machine.
Vroom, Vroom.

11 comments:

  1. Go you! I would probably sew my finger to the seam too. But to quote Scarlett O'Hara...with God as my witness, I will learn to sew someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LWP has been asking for a sewing machine. I haven't touched one since Jr. High Home Ec either! But I'm thinking about it - it would be so fun to try it with her! Nice work, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to sew!! Just today I found a web site with free apron patterns. Some using under a yard of fabric. You could always try to make a cute bag, or a half apron.

    Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you just showed me it is a possibility I can learn too...I have never sewed to-date...you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how wonderful. i think every girl should learn how to sew. what a great mom you are :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! now make a tote bag!!! haha, I love to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't stop now! The possibilities are endless! There are so many cute, simple and fun things to make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I was a sewer! I have a machine and can sew a straight stitch on cotton. Period. But I will say I've sewed "curtains" for every room in the house, using sheets and a straight stitch. I look for patterned sheets on sale... it's a cheap way to add some color to the rooms. :) Good job ont he shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My most pressing question - how the heck do you fill that dadgum bobbin?

    I've got the itch to pull my little machine out - but the bobbin scares me off, every time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. if your girls are in to dresses, search pillowcase dresses -- so ridiculously easy - and cute! free patterns are available online and that was my first project to tackle -- i've improved quite a bit (you visited my blog today - i made the heart dresses that my girls are wearing in the shower pictures) -took me a lot of practice but i truly love to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Way to go! Nice work.

    I really would love to sew someday. Never even tried before.

    ReplyDelete