If you'll notice, I changed my header picture.
My 2 baby girls are now 7 and 9 years old.
Their baby pictures help remind me of why I chose my phrase for the year.
While searching through photos, I began to realize that my girls are almost half way to graduating from high school and going to college.
IT CAN'T BE!
As an older Mom, I notice that I'm a bit more flexible than some parents may be on what I consider insignificant stuff. For example, from time-to-time, I will allow my kids .25 to buy a little dumpy toy from one of those vending machines.
It just happened on Sunday.
I know they're a waste of money.
I know my kids don't need them.
But, it did make them smile....and it's only a quarter.
Cheap entertainment in my book.
(Disclaimer: I do not let my kids have everything they want and they are not spoiled.)
I tell T-Bone that we may not be grandparents because of our age.
If my daughters wait until they're 30 to marry
(which is the recommended age from us), then I'll be 70.
SAY WHAT???
You've got to be K-I-D-D-I-N-G!
God willing, I'll be in good shape and very mobile.
But I don't think I'll be the same type of grandma that a 50 year would be.
So, why not one word, you may ask?
I just kept coming back to a phrase in my search for one word.
My 2 baby girls are now 7 and 9 years old.
Their baby pictures help remind me of why I chose my phrase for the year.
While searching through photos, I began to realize that my girls are almost half way to graduating from high school and going to college.
IT CAN'T BE!
As an older Mom, I notice that I'm a bit more flexible than some parents may be on what I consider insignificant stuff. For example, from time-to-time, I will allow my kids .25 to buy a little dumpy toy from one of those vending machines.
It just happened on Sunday.
I know they're a waste of money.
I know my kids don't need them.
But, it did make them smile....and it's only a quarter.
Cheap entertainment in my book.
(Disclaimer: I do not let my kids have everything they want and they are not spoiled.)
I tell T-Bone that we may not be grandparents because of our age.
If my daughters wait until they're 30 to marry
(which is the recommended age from us), then I'll be 70.
SAY WHAT???
You've got to be K-I-D-D-I-N-G!
God willing, I'll be in good shape and very mobile.
But I don't think I'll be the same type of grandma that a 50 year would be.
So, why not one word, you may ask?
I just kept coming back to a phrase in my search for one word.
My considerations included:
appreciate
(do laundry)
thankful
(get organized)
gratitude
efficient
(get back to work)
inspire
joy
peacefulness
growth
joy
peacefulness
growth
cheerful
(clean up this messy house)
Does anyone else have trouble focusing, like me??
While I was soul searching, I kept thinking about living for today.
And, in my true multi-tasking form, I figured that many of the key words that I was considering actually fall under this "live for today" umbrella....
inspire my kids - TODAY
inspire my kids - TODAY
appreciate where my kids are TODAY
be cheerful - TODAY Is it just me or does anyone else notice that the Mom's tone/mood affects the whole family?
appreciate my husband - TODAY
be thankful for all the people in my life - TODAY
show gratitude - TODAY
Enjoy living for today!




Yes...TODAY!
ReplyDeleteLove the post.
Beautiful...and the pictures are beautiful too! You are so right...TODAY is it!!!
ReplyDeleteJust like they say in Wayne's World "Live in the now!" - that's one of my goals too, it's the best way to live without regrets! Nice job, girl!
ReplyDeleteSo, nicely put. You are so right in living in the right now. I had so much to do around the house today but I did manage to take a few moments and thank God for where I am. Even though I was doing laundry, dishes, throwing crap out I knew that is where he wanted me. I often think of my kids and how easy it is to just push them off because of what needs to be done, but you are right, they will be gone before we know it, :( Love the baby pics.
ReplyDeleteThanks again for nominating me, you made my moment, day, week, even year, what a dear you are!
Megan
so great, love your outlook, I wish I wouldve started having kids a bit later...but I darn I love them! Your girls are beautiful and it sounds like you have a great grasp on what they need. yay for you!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed this post. I do those numbers games too. But in the end, whether you were 24 or 42 when you had your kids, the kind of grandparent you choose to be is up to you. 70's not really old anymore. Not if you exercise and eat well! :)
ReplyDeleteI need to live in the moment a little better too. Thanks for the inspiration!!!
WAIT! You live around here?!!! That's it! I'm organizing something NOW!
ReplyDeleteSend me your email address, PLEASE!!!!
My kids are grown and I know that feeling of them growing up too fast. I am 46 and my kids are 25 and 23. I have one granddaughter and two more grand kids on the way. I enjoy every minute of them!
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I think your 2010 phrase is perfect! Nothing is more important then today!
ReplyDelete