The smart phone = dumber person post has made me rethink my organizational skills.
Look out Martha - I'm going to get organized.
Things will be in their places.
My iphone will be working for me.
That's right, I'm the boss.
My dayplanner will be upated the minute the email arrives.
The iphone calendar will be updated at the same time.
The iphone calendar will be updated at the same time.
I'm a Mom.
A wife.
A small business owner that works from home.
An elementary school volunteer.
I help out with the girl's brownie and girl scout troops.
Chaeffuer the kids around to all activities.
Schedule play dates.
Manage the household.
etc., etc.
My life is fast...
simple, yet complicated.
busy, yet plenty of time for rest.
Take a look at my computer monitor.
These notes are placed strategically...
yes - that's right near the coffee pot!
Sticky notes galore!
I've got these babies throughout the house to help me remember important things;
like crazy hat day.
I know some of my good friends are list makers.
I make lists.
Too many lists.
Here's my problem: I start one pad of paper and make lots of notes.
Then I lose that pad and start another list.
The kids take the pad of paper.
The cycle is a vicious one.
That's why these sticky babies work great for me.




I'm crackin' up at your post its. My organization is a day planner right beside my computer. I write my events in it, then each morning when I check email I review the weekn (gifts to buy? packages to mail?) and the day (appointments, to do list). I do however write my daily to do list on a post it which I stick in my day planner for the day then toss at the end of the day. I used to buy the expensive Franklin Covey planner with the month/week/day view, but now I have a $10 with ladybugs week at a glance calendar that I love. The only problem is if you forget it when you go out. So I would recommend the I-Phone. Girl, you're lucky enough to have one. Put it to work!!!
ReplyDeletePhew, did I just write a whole blog post in your comments section?
Wow...I think organization and keeping up with all the ends and outs of running a home are a challenge for most! I keep a good ol' fashion calendar with all of our important dates on it. I also print a calendar (one month at a time) to hang on the kitchen sliding door. I write all the dates that pertain to the girls there so they can get used to keeping track of events too.
ReplyDeleteI have a small spiral notebook that I write To-Do's in and then a sticky note for the days jobs! I am in love with sticky notes too!!!
Goodness....got a little long winded there!
Sorry ...I LOVE to talk organization!!!:)
Ha ~ love those sticky notes. As for organization, that is on my new years resolution list :) I have a file boxe for random recipes that I print or rip out of magazines and a file box for "group" info on the kids ~ softball schedules, choir, gymnastics.... Also have a LARGE calendar white board on my wall right by the door. At the beginning of the month I write fill it up with the things I already know like b-days, anniversaries, sport and church items and add to it as I need. I also do the notebooks ~ yep, I found 3 different notebooks in random spots just yesterday. Not sure if that method is working ☺! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteIt's funny, I know you are posting because you want a new method of organizing, but I have to say, the sticky notes look like a good idea. I might start using them! The one organizing thing we do right here is sort the mail.we have a silver container for "to pay", which has the check book, stamps and and address labels in the bin. We have a container for "file" too. And I have a filer that sits on my desk with a folder for each important thing (kids school, medical junk, my school, coupons, etc). But i'm no martha! :)
ReplyDelete