What an amazing day!
Gotta tell you that having a birthday on Friday after school rocks!
The kids are excited and don't have to wait all day while all the prep is going on.
So, here we go. She turned 10! I look back to her infanthood and can't believe 10 is already here.
She's witty.
She's smart.
She's a dancer and singer.
She's compassionate to others.
She's my beautiful daughter!
She chose a luau theme. Plenty of decorations. Plenty of color.
The kids arrived and got received a lei, home-made flower hair clip and their name in hawaiian.
They enjoyed some pupu (hawaiian appetizers for those of you who thought I was gross).
A scavenger hunt.
This relay race was a blast!
Put on a coconut bra.
Put on a hula skirt.
Slip on flip flops.
Put on a sun visor.
Grab a towel and a beach bag.....
and run across the yard.
Uh-oh....check out the coconut bra falling to the ground.
Laughing is grand!
No party goes without some type of craft.
Sand art....
And a luau party just wouldn't be complete without the limbo...
More food...
Pizza and cake.
Thanks to my wonderful friend, Laura, for decorating this amazing cake!
Total yummo!
Best friends, too.
and swimming...
Happy 10th, my sweetie!




what fun!! that cake looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great party! I love the Friday afternoon party. Not only good for them, but it gives the Mom's time to prepare when they're at school :)
ReplyDeleteErin
Now that was a party! As always.. good times!
ReplyDeleteLove the Fri afternoon idea - filing that one for the future. Have you ever done party planning? You never cease to amaze. Job well done!
ReplyDelete-catherine
Happy Birthday to your sweet girl!!!! That looks like a blast for all!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic theme for her party! I sure wish I could have come, looks like so much fun! Looks like you have awesome weather for a pool party! I have an upside down tree that I decorate all year round and after spring comes my Hawaiian tree. So I know all about the coconut bras, I have a couple I hang on the tree!
ReplyDeleteHappy 10th Birthday!
That looks like a fantastic party. You and Nancy should go into business together as party planners. You don't miss out any details! Thanks for sharing, and happy birthday to the big girl! Hope to see you soon!!
ReplyDeletelooks like the girls had a blast. great pictures!
ReplyDelete