I need your opinion.
Which of these pictures do you prefer and why??
Reason: My daughters are going to be in their first ever pageant. Sounds odd, huh?
They've watched those reality pageant shows on TV.
You know the ones where the 4 year olds are getting spray tans
and placing those fake teeth in their mouths.
The Moms are yelling at the kids.
The kids are crying.
Yet the Moms say the kid wants to be there.
My thought is "ut uh - no way - won't happen - not gonna do it!"
Well, Sweet Cheeks has been mentioning her desire to do pageants to her Dad during their evening "special time". That's the time they spend together at bedtime. Just rappin' about the day.
T-Bone came out of special time and told me that she'd been mentioning pageants quite a bit lately.
He said "just google it and see what happens".
Well, here's what happened.
I found a pageant that's coming up on 5/16 and it's right in our neighborhood.
What?
And, it's not a beauty pageant.
And, they support about 5 fantastic charities throughout the year.
And, the chairperson lives in my neighborhood.
And, it seems almst too perfect.
Couldn't believe it.
Maybe it was meant to be.
So, my girls are gonna do it!
It's going to cost a small fortune - but, hey - it's only money.
I have to submit an 8x10 photo for the photogenic competition, which is optional but both girls want to do it.
Please give me your ranking on these pictures and a brief explanation about whay you love your first pick.
No. 1
No. 2
No. 3
No. 4
No. 5
No. 6
No. 7
Both girls are also doing talent, which is optional.
Sweet Cheeks is singing "A Dream is a Wish"
Sugar Nugget is doing a jazz number (can I see some jazz hands?) to Miley Cyrus' Party in the USA.
I'm proud of my girls for trying something new.
I was in pageants and I felt that it really made me more confident when I was young.
Thanks for your help.









Good Morning!
ReplyDeleteWhat beautiful girls...this was not easy!
I think I like #2 for the color and lighting, and it is a playful picture.
I also like #6. It is a great close-up!
Good luck!
Enjoy the day!
I like #3 the best...with her sitting in the chair...it just looks natural to me for her. LOVE it!
ReplyDeleteTough call, girl. I think #4 and #7. Hard to pick. I can't wait to hear all about it.
ReplyDeleteI like 2 and 6. Hmm...just saw Cindy said the same thing.
ReplyDeleteHI Darlene! Okay, I thought all the pictures looked great, so it was really hard to choose. I went back and forth. I pick #2 & #7. :)
ReplyDeletei like 3 and 6. it feels natural and they both look lovely!
ReplyDeleteAlright... ask and you shall receive. I ordered them all starting with my fav: 2,3,1,4,6,7,5 ~ #2 because she looks lovely, happy and young, and I love the colors of the balloons ~ just enought to not be distracting. Your girls are darling! Good luck ☺!
ReplyDeleteI'm lovin' your comments. It really helps to get your perspective.
ReplyDelete2 (J & the balloons) and 6 (the close up of A looking all innocent) Those are my faves because I know your girls and they capture their personalities in my mind. Plus they are such beautiful pics.
ReplyDeleteI love 2 and 4. Love two because you get to see her dimples and 4 because it looks so unplanned. Just a good, honest, picture...if that makes sense.
ReplyDelete#2 becasue of persoanlity & dimple & #6 because of those beautiful eyes! both their personailities shine thru!
ReplyDelete