Friday, April 30, 2010

For the love of piggy piggy

If you're like me, you have waaaaayyyyy too many stuffed animals in your house.
Can I hear an "amen"?
You try to be discreet by stuffing them into the black trash bag and dashing quickly to the garbage cans to get rid of the goods while no one's looking.
(Maybe that's just me....but doubt it.)
You probably have your kids go through them to select which ones to say the big "good-bye".  A good lesson in "giving", right?
You've probably sold them at garage sales.
Well, let me tell you a little ditty about this chickie.

She loves pigs.
Stuffed pigs...
pictures of pigs....
living pigs....
webkinz pigs...
stories about pigs...
making up songs about pigs...
you get the picture.




Here's the history lesson behind her love of pigs...

Grandma gave her big sis a stuffed animal collection (beanie babies - I'm sure you remember those cute little things) and it included lots and lots of goodies.



Big sis ended up giving little sis a few select pieces, including this little pig.
It was love at first oink / sight.


The pig was named Piggy Piggy.
It used to be a much cleaner.
A brighter pink than today.
She's been through many life experiences...
countless nightmares...
runny noses and nasty coughs...
bad flu bugs...
nightime heaves...
trips to Maui, AZ, Las Vegas, San Diego, Palm Springs...
camping in the wilderness...
and sleepovers...

Each night, Sugar Nugget gets Piggy Piggy ready for bed.
Mask on eyes.  Check.
Piggy Piggy in her sleeping bag.  Check.
Piggy Piggy carefully placed to the right of her pillow.  Check.
Then, she places her own mask onto her eyes.
Sugar Nugget got these masks with some pajamas about 3 years ago and has been sleeping with hers ever since.
Isn't that strange?
Ready for bed!




Piggy Piggy, and a slew of other stuffed animals have gone through...
baths...
a trip in the clothes dryer...
tossing contests...
ear piercings...
tea parties...


You get the picture.

Based on this love affair, she has a conviction to avoid bacon and anything made from a pig.  No pork.  No bacon - ever!

Check out the sign in her room.


It's all good.
Her love affair with Piggy Piggy is a special one!
I'll be sad when it's over.

11 comments:

  1. That is soooo sweet!
    We have very similar love affairs going on in our house too!:)
    Love the "pigs are not for eating" sign!
    Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable~how sweet!! One of my dearest friends still (as a mother of 3) still has a a pig love affair. Such a sweet post~I bet she is a very loving girl! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad that hubby of yours is the flower keeper so you can enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute!! It's fun to see what kinds of things your kids get attached to. No bacon. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Darlene. That is PRECIOUS and PRICELESS. My strange girl sleeps with a swarovski crystal rooster by her bed (that she carries around the house during the day - gift from grandparents because she is Year of the Rooster) and a rubber duck in a lamb costume. She used to have a pile of rubber snakes that she slept with too. I'd take the pigs any day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that sign! ha. so awesome! and i adore that she and her piggy sleep with eye covers on. she is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love the pigs are not for eating sign!
    LOL funny! Being an animal lover... I love that in kids! =) including my own! I have two kids with animals and blankies attached.. my son is a true Calvin and Hobbs on my hands ... =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the overabundance of stuffed animals. But those pigs are too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooo cute! I can not belive she sleeps with a mask on! That.would.DRIVE.me.crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. too cute. i actually collected pigs at that age too!... not quite sure whatever happened to them all..

    p.s. I have a new silver earring giveaway I think you might like! www.wild-and-precious.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is the cutest obsession ever. i love her post it note sign. i have a feeling you may not be able to get rid of any of the piggies until she's a teen. and that's if you're lucky. ; )

    ReplyDelete