My great friend, Nancy of The Goat and the Kid, tagged me on this.
I'm so happy!! (no pun intended).
Thanks, Nancy. You definitely make me smile.
Thanks, Nancy. You definitely make me smile.
So, I have to list 10 things that make me happy,
smile or just make me feel good.
It was hard to limit this to 10 items, so here goes.
It was hard to limit this to 10 items, so here goes.
I have an awesome husband, completely understanding and supportive,
smart, funny and handsome.
smart, funny and handsome.
We don't spend a lot of time alone together.
What am I saying?
We spend a lot...A LOT...of time together because we both work from home....
in the same office space....
in the same kitchen area....
in the same bed every night!
It's all good.
When we do get away for a quick weekend, it's well worth it.
I actually begin to feel like a woman - not a Mom.
(I'm thinking about Shania Twain's song "Feel Like a Woman".)
You'll understand this reference soon. Keep reading.
Oh, and my 2 adorable, sweet, healthy daughters.
Being Mom to these special little people is truly a blessing.
#2 Coffee...anytime, any day...all day!
You may be thinking - oh, she's a caffeine-a-holic just like me.
We do decaf over here, ladies.
I like to think that I'm naturally high!
John Denver's Rocky mountain high just popped into my head.
Sing it with me.
To give you a taste of my coffee, I'll tell you what my hubby thinks about it.
T-Bone calls my coffee a coffee-like-beverage because it's about 1/2 coffee with 1/4 milk + 1/4 hazelnut creamer...and 2 Spendas.
We do decaf over here, ladies.
I like to think that I'm naturally high!
John Denver's Rocky mountain high just popped into my head.
Sing it with me.
To give you a taste of my coffee, I'll tell you what my hubby thinks about it.
T-Bone calls my coffee a coffee-like-beverage because it's about 1/2 coffee with 1/4 milk + 1/4 hazelnut creamer...and 2 Spendas.
YUMMY!!!
Everyone can't do it black!
(that looks funny but I'm going to leave it there.)
(that looks funny but I'm going to leave it there.)
This is a picture that Sugar Nugget drew of me with my coffee.
It's quite artistic, don't you think?
#3 Our new backyard pool with fantastic bbq and festive palapa.
This investment in our backyard has brought a lot of good times.
(Sng reference: Let the good times roll.)
Can't wait until spring and summer.
This investment in our backyard has brought a lot of good times.
(Sng reference: Let the good times roll.)
Can't wait until spring and summer.
#4 Flannel PJs and warm, fuzzy socks!
I do most of my bloggin while wearing these babies.
I literally wear them more than 1/2 of the year because
we keep our house a toasty 67 degrees (sometimes cooler).
Oh yeah - note my sarcasm on the toasty reference above.
#5 Reality shows, snacking in front of the TV and sleeping.
Wait a minute...that's 3 things.
Well, not really. I'll explain.
After the girls go to bed, T-Bone and I have our nighttime,
relaxation ritual, as follows:
get a snack,
choose reality show from Tivo'd list
watch and munch
go to bed
You see, it really is just one thing.
Wait a minute...that's 3 things.
Well, not really. I'll explain.
After the girls go to bed, T-Bone and I have our nighttime,
relaxation ritual, as follows:
get a snack,
choose reality show from Tivo'd list
watch and munch
go to bed
You see, it really is just one thing.
#6 My Dogs
Yes - all 3 of them. Call me crazy but I love the furry critters.
Bailey, Max and Carly have a GREAT life here!
Yes - all 3 of them. Call me crazy but I love the furry critters.
Bailey, Max and Carly have a GREAT life here!
Bailey - age 11
Max - age 3
and our little rascal, Carly.
#7 Singing
For those of you who have heard my lovely voice, you're
probably saying "oh, no she did-n't".
Yes - I love belting out a tune.
Any tune. Any time. Made up or the real thing.
Mimicking a tune that springs to mind when I'm doing
something is a daily occurence.
I even made up a song that I sing while preparing the dog food.
Weird, huh?
#8 Having a glass-half-full mentality.
It sure makes life brighter.
#9 Sweet Treats
I'm not picky.
Cake.
Pie.
Ice Cream.
Candy.
Chocolate.
Baked goods.
Carb-o-li-cious!
I'm not picky.
Cake.
Pie.
Ice Cream.
Candy.
Chocolate.
Baked goods.
Carb-o-li-cious!
#10 Blogging!
Why is it so addictive?
Who cares.
Just do it, I say!
Well, this was fun!!!
Some of my favorite blogs that make me smile have already been tagged.
They are:
The Goat and the Kid
SoSoBella
2 Cool for my Mini Van
Lemonade Makin' Mama
All a Flutter
Flower Patch Farmgirl
oh, there are many more.
These are the blogs that I enjoy and would love to hear from:
Tag, you're it...
No, really, I'm just saying
On the Bright Side
No. 17 Cherry Tree Lane
Whatever
With Enough Coffee I could rule the World
Definitely, Maybe
Copy and paste the above Happy 101 header to your blog.
Tell me who and what makes you happy.
Have a happy day!
Why is it so addictive?
Who cares.
Just do it, I say!
Well, this was fun!!!
Some of my favorite blogs that make me smile have already been tagged.
They are:
The Goat and the Kid
SoSoBella
2 Cool for my Mini Van
Lemonade Makin' Mama
All a Flutter
Flower Patch Farmgirl
oh, there are many more.
These are the blogs that I enjoy and would love to hear from:
Tag, you're it...
No, really, I'm just saying
On the Bright Side
No. 17 Cherry Tree Lane
Whatever
With Enough Coffee I could rule the World
Definitely, Maybe
Copy and paste the above Happy 101 header to your blog.
Tell me who and what makes you happy.
Have a happy day!







Your happy personality is always contagious. I love reading our blog so I can enjoy being around you when we can't hang out in person!
ReplyDeleteDalrene... you know I love me some John Denver. Don't get me started on the Rocky Mountain High song.... Swell list, my friend! :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun list Darlene. I am still laughing about "oh no she did-nt". Love the backyard. And the picture your daughter made!
ReplyDeleteYou girls are so cute! I wish I lived on your street!!
Hey Darlene! I didn't find your blog until late last night, so I had no idea you'd tagged me with the Happy 101 - thanks for the blog love <3 I like your idea though, let's consider my 12 Blessings post my Happy 101 with a twist :-)
ReplyDeleteI'm working on mine right now... can't wait! Thanks for tagging me. SO FUN! :)
ReplyDeleteDarlene,
ReplyDeleteYou are super sweet for tagging me. I going to try to get to it this week. I've got an extra kiddo (making that 4 kiddos under 6) this week. So imight be a bit busy...but i promise to try.
Thank you so much. You blog is so fun to read.
I am SO flattered that you thought of me! I have so loved looking at your blog and am happy we are new blog friends. I also loved learning about all the things you like :):)
ReplyDeleteMy love,
Rachel