Friday, December 4, 2009

Dancing Divas


Dance competition....here we come.
I should clarify and say "here she comes".
Sweet Cheeks is going to perform in her first dance competition this weekend.
Full on make-up, blingy earrings and fake eyelashes.
That'll be interesting.
I'm picturing crying, whining and sheer pain from this new experience.

She'll be performing a tap routine with her class of last season.
The cute waitress costume fits perfectly with the song "Baked a Cake".
The lyrics are ridiciously funny, I think.



If I knew you were comin' I'd a baked a cake.
Baked a cake.
Baked a cake.
If I knew you were comin' I'd a baked a cake.
How ya' do, how ya' do, how ya' do.

If I knew you'd a be there I'd a made a tortilla.
Made a tortilla.
I'd a made a tortilla.
Yeah - if I knew you'd be there I'd a made a tortilla.
How ya' do, how ya' do, how ya do.

Now I don't know where you come from.
And I don't know where you bin.
But it really doesn't matter.
Grab a chair and fill your platter.
and dig, dig, dig right in.

If I knew you were comin' I'd a baked a potato.
Yeah I'd a baked a potato.
Goodness sake.
If I knew you were comin' I'd a baked a potato.
How ya' do, how ya' do, how ya' do.

She performed this same routine at her dance recital in June 2009.
She amazes me on stage!!
HOT STUFF.
Smiling and shakin' her
booty like she LOVES it!

Sweet Cheeks also performed a jazz number to the Donkey
version of Livin' La Vida Loca.
The costumes were adorable and the choreography was cute.



Sugar Nugget won't be competing because she didn't continue with tap.
It just wasn't her thing.
She banged it out at the recital, too.
She was shining on stage!



The next recital is in June 2010 and the girls will perform in 5 numbers.  Yes.....that's 5 costumes and cha-ching....almost $500.
Plus, the monthly dance lessons, plus the tap shoes and jazz shoes.
We're investing in our kids creative side.

I'm ecstatic that my girls are diggin' dance.
It was my thing oh so long ago.
I LOVED IT and still can cut a rug...
(what generation am I from?)
I meant to say...I LOVED IT and like to think I can still do a little groovin'.
(That's definitely more my era.)

1 comment:

  1. cute pictures. alannah sits on the floor during most of her dance class.

    ReplyDelete