Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The cutest holiday performance

My 7 year old, Sugar Nugget, had her 2nd grade performance tonight.

It was A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E.



The kids performed every holiday song in the book.
She did her thing on stage.
She worked it.
Sang her heart out and did the motions.
She kept looking right at us with a big smile.



I truly appreciate every performance my girls are in.
I embrace where they are in their lives.
Literally, my eyes well up when I'm watching them.
Is that normal??

Why do I love these performances so much?
Because the kids are full of life!
Smiling.
Singing.
Doing their individual parts.
They are proud.
All their hard work has paid off.
They have a feeling of accomplishment.

Sugar Nugget played an Angel for her part.
Don't know the title of the song but it was spelling out the word Christmas
and saying something about each letter.
She was for "A" - the angel.





So glad she performed a Christmas song.
We continue to spell out the true meaning of Christmas to our girls.
We also teach them to respect the beliefs of others, as others should respect ours.

T-Bone and I are proud.



She is our baby.
This is the last 2nd grade performance we'll be seeing.
I will appreciate these times and be grateful to have them.

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't it cute? She did such a great job.. what a little performer. Must get it from her mom, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did she make everyone else walk on stage 1st? Or is that just a T-Bone thing? I had to leave so I missed the end of it due to a grumpy tired 4 yr old who began to melt down. But it was pretty cute from what I saw. We're lucky to have such a fun music program.

    ReplyDelete