Monday, February 22, 2010

Sock drama

Socks have always been a sore subject since my Sweet Cheeks was only 2.  She always had "sock issues".  "My socks hurt, Mama."  "I don't like the seam, Mama".  I tenderly explained that all socks have seams and you just have to get used to it.
There were many tantrums over socks.
Many late arrivals to preschool over socks.

The heavenly gates opened when I found out that I can buy seamless socks at Nordstroms.
This retailer has saved me many a grey hair.
These seamless babies have helped my girls have less sock issues 5 of 7 days of the week while getting ready for school.

So, you see, socks are my nemesis.
And that brings me to this...

My least favorite (boring) (annoying) (pain-staking) (irritating) (bothersome) (pain in the rear) chore is.....
pairing up white socks.


I loathe it.
I want to avoid it.
The pile of whites is always the last in the washing machine.
It usually waits until the last clean pair of socks is gone.


To make it a little easier, I mark them with a permanent marker when they're new.
One color per size.
Orange to orange.
Red to red.
It's all good.
My hubby tells me to "let go of the hate".
He offers to help - but I have control issues.
I lay out all the socks.
Match them up by how stained they are,
keeping the newer ones looking new longer.
Pray for me, ladies.
And, do share...
what's your least favorite chore?

7 comments:

  1. Dusting. I like to be able to write my name in the dust, let it re-collect and write my name again. Then and only then will I break out the swiffer duster. I don't know why - it only takes 5 minutes, but I HATE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loathe socks. I could go on for an hour about my dislike for socks. So glad I'm not the only one :)

    Erin
    http://homeswheremyheartis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness....i don't blame you at all for loathing that...I have a big problem with laundry in general...worst enemy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't buy very many white socks. But that is a great idea marking them with the colors. Great tip!

    The chore I absolutely loathe is dusting. I will scrub toilets before I will dust!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loathe cleaning the bathrooms.... I actually pay my kids to do it! I will wash, dry, fold, mark, every sock in the world to avoid cleaning the bathroom. Thank goodness for my cleaning lady <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I serously hate laundry. In fact, I might post asking for help coming up with a solution/schedule. I love the marker tip! And I really needed the seamless sock tip. What brand are they? My 3 yr old is seriously sock sensitive. We've had many a tear over seams in socks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to start marking my boys' socks like that. They wear the same size but one seems to have dirtier feet than the other. Go figure. I don't like to do any chores.

    ReplyDelete