Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Low carb snack

T-Bone surprised me recently and brought this out of the cabinet.
SHOCKED and UPHAULED I was as I have NEVER bought this meaty GROSSNESS before.  Why is it in my cabinet?  He proceeds to tell me that while he's on his low carb regime, he'll be eating this cavier of sorts.



Cavier....oh, no.  It's more like dog food for people, I reply.  T-Bone asked me to give it a shot, so I did.  It says it's from white meat so it can't be that bad, right?  I took the smallest nibble known to man and began tasting the chicken spread.  Poooey - yuck - gross - no bueno - nasty - blah.  I didn't like it.  I don't care if it's on that delicious, white, gooey bread that sticks to the roof of your mouth.  It's bad!



I'm no food snob.  But, this gunk reminded me of my childhood when my mother (who's not the greatest cook in the world because she hates cooking) used to make us potted meat sandwiches.  Potted meat?
What is that?  Don't ask.

So, T-Bone, I am sorry that your low carb snack didn't work for me.  I'll stick to having my baked potato chips with ranch dip, when I please.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my...I think I'd go for the baked chips and ranch too.
    By the way, I'm doing a giveaway today, be sure to stop by.

    Hope you're having a great day!!

    Erin
    http://homeswheremyheartis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agrese! cavier is gross, gross, gross!
    And, potted meat?!?! That just made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, D, I'm with you. T-Bone is SO on his own with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, I may love Spam, but that stuff on your bread looks like Alpo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wouldn't work for mem either. And I like how there is a devil on the can. Suitable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yuck!!! i am a little grossed out right now! hehe! i am with ya! i will pass on the chicken spread! i have never heard of potted meat! just saying it makes me laugh! thanks for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment and for becoming a follower! i hope you visit again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. too too funny - i remember my dad always wanting me to eat sardines as a kid just because he did - and still does - they don't have a trader joes where he lives so what do i bring home to illinois to him when i go - SARDINES!
    i was eating tuna and cracers the other day and mia got disqusted and said "why do you eat cat food mom?" love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This stuff always reminds me of my dad. When he was in the Navy my mom would always send him this & Vienna sausages. :P Too, my hubby has a thing for Spam & has recruited my kids, too. He claims it's a cultural thing (he's from Guam).

    Thanks for coming by, commenting & staying on for my journey. :)

    ReplyDelete