Oh, Mama Mia!!
Do you ever worry about making the right decision?
I've been a little panicked that my kids haven't been vaccinated
for the regular flu shot, let alone the H1N1.
Do you ever worry about making the right decision?
I've been a little panicked that my kids haven't been vaccinated
for the regular flu shot, let alone the H1N1.
I had an appointment at our Pediatrician about 2 weeks ago
for the girls to get the regular flu shot.
for the girls to get the regular flu shot.
So, I get a courtesy call the day before my appointment
to say that they were out of the flu regular shot and
wouldn't have any for a few weeks.
Call back in early November, the nurse said.
wouldn't have any for a few weeks.
Call back in early November, the nurse said.
They didn't have the H1N1 in stock either.
I figured all was OK.
But...
Kids at school were getting sick with the H1N1.
Blogs that I read were commenting on a visit from the H1N1.
The media is all over H1N1.
The White House is talking about it.
The media is all over H1N1.
The White House is talking about it.
I must do something.
T-Bone researched the H1N1 to determine if we wanted to
vaccinate our kids.
vaccinate our kids.
The answer: Probably not.
We think we can teach them good habits by explaining
how bad this virus is.
They can wash their hands longer than they normally do.
Blow their noses 2x/day.
Keep their hands off their faces.
Possible gargle with warm salt water and swab the nostrils with the solution.
You've probably seen the email that describes these basics.
Well, we all know that kids are gross and just can't remember to
keep their germs to themselves and hands off their faces.
So, my dilema continues.
My friend, Laura, called me last night to say that she was
heading to a free clinic today to get her kids the H1N1.
I still wasn't sure what to do.
I started talking to people.
Important people.
We think we can teach them good habits by explaining
how bad this virus is.
They can wash their hands longer than they normally do.
Blow their noses 2x/day.
Keep their hands off their faces.
Possible gargle with warm salt water and swab the nostrils with the solution.
You've probably seen the email that describes these basics.
Well, we all know that kids are gross and just can't remember to
keep their germs to themselves and hands off their faces.
So, my dilema continues.
My friend, Laura, called me last night to say that she was
heading to a free clinic today to get her kids the H1N1.
I still wasn't sure what to do.
I started talking to people.
Important people.
My friend's Dad is a Doctor. He said "absolutely, yes".
My Pediatrician said "yes".
The media says "yes".
My Mom said "no".
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
T-Bone and I changed our minds based on hearing about a 7 year old
girl who just died Monday from the H1N1 virus. Michael heard
this horrific story while in Rhode Island visiting his Client.
A lady who works there took her daughter to
the Dr. on Friday. Yep - she had the H1N1 bug.
The Dr. sent her home to rest, drink lots of liquids, dose with Tylenol, etc.
Saturday the girl was fine.
Sunday the girl seemed fine.
Monday....the girl had a spike in fever.
The Mom rushed her to the ER.
The girl wasn't at risk.
She was considered a healthy, normal child.
The girl died 2 hours later.
The Mom is home right now making funeral arrangements.
It's a go!
I'm so glad the decision has been made.
Now I just have to get them vaccinated.
Easy.
The media says "yes".
My Mom said "no".
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
T-Bone and I changed our minds based on hearing about a 7 year old
girl who just died Monday from the H1N1 virus. Michael heard
this horrific story while in Rhode Island visiting his Client.
A lady who works there took her daughter to
the Dr. on Friday. Yep - she had the H1N1 bug.
The Dr. sent her home to rest, drink lots of liquids, dose with Tylenol, etc.
Saturday the girl was fine.
Sunday the girl seemed fine.
Monday....the girl had a spike in fever.
The Mom rushed her to the ER.
The girl wasn't at risk.
She was considered a healthy, normal child.
The girl died 2 hours later.
The Mom is home right now making funeral arrangements.
It's a go!
I'm so glad the decision has been made.
Now I just have to get them vaccinated.
Easy.
I began calling everywhere to see who has the vaccines.
Walgreens. No.
CVS. No.
Costco. No.
Target. No.
Rite Aid. No.
Our regular Doctor. No.
Our regular Doctor. No.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E
IS OUT OF THE REGULAR
FLU VACCINE AND THE H1N1.
E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E
IS OUT OF THE REGULAR
FLU VACCINE AND THE H1N1.
Well, guess what?
Off to the clinic with my friend.
Do I really have to wait in line for hours to be vaccinated?
That's exactly what I did.
I was about 150th in line with about 400 people behind me.
(I had pictures on my phone to share. I emailed them to myself but they never arrived.)

I was about 150th in line with about 400 people behind me.
(I had pictures on my phone to share. I emailed them to myself but they never arrived.)

My girls were so brave.
It was a nasal spray.
No biggie.
Off to yogurt for a little treat.
Yummy!
No biggie.
Off to yogurt for a little treat.
Yummy!
Now we'll just have to wait and see if there are any
so-called side effects of the H1N1, like flu-like symptoms.
I can rest tonight.
I can rest tonight.




No comments:
Post a Comment