Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The bill

Have you ever had to tell your husband that you forgot to pay a bill?
I got my turn today.
You see, our morning ritual includes a 20 minute show for the girls
while they wake up their sleepy heads.
Well, today the TV wasn't getting any channels so we
had to put in the movie Bolt.

I wondered why the channels weren't coming in and told T-Bone
that he may have to check out our DirecTV box later.

After the kids went to school, I called DirecTV to find out that Verizon
had advised them to stop service because our bill was past due.

WHAT?
WHAT?
WHAT?

We always pay our bills....and on time, I might add.  I explained this
to the DirecTV rep who advised me to call Verizon.  Before I called,
I went on line where we pay through Bill Pay and was
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo surprised
to see that I haven't paid Verizon in 2 months.

What happened?
Why not?
Where was the actual bill?

I looked in my file.
No recent bill.
I looked in my to-be-paid file.
No bill.


I called Verizon with my tail between my legs and told them
that I always wait for the paper bill to arrive in the mail.
I pay from that bill.
Well, I guess we didn't get one.
Or, the more likely choice is that I misplaced it?
Now, that's hard to believe.
You see I have a system and that system does not fail me.

Must solve problem.
So.....
I pay the bill with the credit card.
Our DirecTV service is restored.
All is well.

I'm still embarressed.

1 comment:

  1. I had that happen with my Chase bill when I signed up for online billing. They cancelled my paper bill. What the heck?! Plus, I am oblivious to any emails that don't contain "In-Store Coupon" in the subject or Darlene or Nancy in the "from" field :)

    ReplyDelete