Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The First Post

So, this is my first post.  I wonder what to write?  I've been motivated to do this by my good friends and have to thank them for encouraging me to "scrapbook" my life on this blog.

I'll start by introducing my beautiful family.  My handsome husband of 12 years (lovingly nicknamed T-Bone) and 2 adorable daughters (nicknamed Sweet Cheeks and Sugar Nugget).  We also have 3 dogs; Bailey, Max and Carly.  I feel so blessed to have a healthy, happy family.  I thank God for them everyday.

This family picture was taken 2 years ago when T-Bone and I renewed our wedding vows.  When we were on our honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta, we talked about renewing our vows every 10 years and we've accomplished the first 10.  The celebration was fantastic! We had a simple ceremony in our backyard with family, friends and our Pastor to officiate.



My Crew!


Waiting to walk down the backyard aisle.




Sugar Nugget keeping herself busy during the ceremony.  Too many words for her.



Sweet Cheeks giggling to her 2 best friends.

Wine, martinis, appetizers and a delicious dinner was served.

In typical fashion, I ordered a cake that served 100+ when all
we needed to feed was about 40.  We ate cake for days and days.
And I loved it!


My beautiful Mom and Grandpa who is 96 and doing well!


What's really strange is that I was more nervous that day than on our original wedding day.  I had to speak from the heart about my feelings for T-Bone.  Staring into his hazel eyes, feeling his warm hands hold mine, and seeing the gazing eyes of our family and friends made my heart pound.  I truly was too nervous for words and just started rambling.  T-Bone's sweet grin and patient eyes helped me through the moment.  I made sure he knew how much I love him and that was enough.

I look forward to our next vow renewal in the year 2017.

I love T-Bone.
I love Sweet Cheeks.
I love Sugar Nugget.
And, I love our doggies.
Life is good!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah!!!!!!!!! What a great family you have, girl! So glad you got this blog up and running. Here's to many more great posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats to you :O) your first post, yipee :O)
    wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Now we're all blog buddies. Can't wait to read all your stories.

    ReplyDelete