Sweet Cheeks had an assignment. To give an 3 to 4 minute oral presentation in first person....might I add memorized - about a famous californian. She could choose from any of the historians in her text book and would have to dress and act like that person. After careful consideration, she chose Dorothea Lange who was a famous photographer.
With a beanie on her head and one of our antique cameras, she played the part well.
The highest score possible was 20 points.
Well, please let me brag.
My girl got 22 points.
That's right.
She got an A+.
I just love when my kids feel a sense of pride and accomplishment!




I love it! That is wonderful! She looks darling in the pics!
ReplyDeletegreat job sweet cheeks!
ReplyDeletewhat a great person to choose. and she looks great with her beret and her camera.
I love it!! Fantastic job sweet cheeks!! =)
ReplyDeleteSuch a great project!!
wow! she did a great job! congrats to sweet cheeks!
ReplyDeleteThat's right she did! Good for her.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great job she did! I love her little outfit. I bet her teacher appreciated the extra effort. So many kids just phone it in.
ReplyDeleteI wanted to thank you for your comment this morning regarding comparison. The period. Yes, that was a pain in my rear, too. I started right before 6th grade and was SO mortified, even though no one knew. I felt like an alien freak. I was terrified that if someone found out they would make fun of me. So I can imagine how the flip side must have been. And the stupid hair! I have THICK hair and I always wished I had thinner hair. And my daughter has some of the same things, too. Why do we do this to ourselves? I wish I knew. It's not easy revisiting those old wounds, but I wanted to thank you for your openness.